Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New cycle lane mysteriously arising from grassy park

WHAT?? Look what I saw from the bus window the other day as I departed the Peninsula for the distant skyline of the city! Some kind of path in the park - coming from nowhere and ending up close to the pony club. But it says it's a CYCLEWAY!! Who'd have thunk?? In a recession too. I'll be going up and down it like anything. I cycled there this morning on the footpath, just for these photos (and in a rare break in the rain this week).

. . . a decent distance from the main road too. I guess we'll be able to pelt along it, until we hit the motorway onramp just beyond sight in the lower photo. I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth, that's for sure. Who knows what else they have planned.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous. I can see I will have to venture out of the city to take a good look at this one. Happy days!

    Unity
    http://aucklandcyclechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. You will need to write in English though.